Our Services: Kids’ Harbor, Inc. Child Advocacy Center
Kids’ Harbor serves children (birth to age 18) who are reported victims of:
- Sexual abuse
- Physical/emotional abuse
- Witness to violent crime
- Drug endangerment
- Physical and/or medical neglect
Watch Our Video Overview
Kids’ Harbor Provides:
- A child-friendly environment where kids can feel comfortable, welcomed, and safe.
- Digitally recorded forensic interviews where kids talk one-on-one in a format designed to reduce trauma and minimize the number of times a child has to be interviewed.
- On-site forensic medical exams using state of the art equipment to: document and collect potential evidence; address health care needs; and promote the healing of children who may have experienced abuse or trauma.
- Child and family advocates who provide stable support and resources for children and their safe caregivers throughout the entire process of a child abuse investigation and/or prosecution.
- Multidiscipline case review in conjunction with law enforcement, child protective services, prosecutors, victims’ assistance staff, child advocates, and medical and mental health providers.
- Assistance in filing Crime Victims’ Compensation applications.
- Mental Health Counseling provided by licensed clinicians utilizing only evidence-based, trauma-informed methods. These services are provided to both the child and their safe caregivers to assist them in their journey of healing and their ability to thrive.
- Crisis Intervention, providing short term strategies and assistance in an effort to reduce damage after the experience of trauma.
- Community Education is offered so individuals, groups, and our entire community can learn how to prevent, recognize and respond appropriately to child abuse. Some of these education programs include prevention education for adults, school-based curriculum for grades K-8, and parent education and stabilization courses.